Officer Name: Harry Hole
Overview: Inspector in Crime Squad, Oslo Police Force.
Marital Status: Single, but his heart belongs to Rakel Faulke, with whom he has a very complex relationship. He’s a strong, if flawed, father figure to Rakel’s son Oleg.
Location: Oslo, Norway.
- Foiled a former World War II soldier bent on destruction, caught a deadly bank robber, busted a gun-smuggling ring that reached right up to Oslo’s most powerful circles, tracked a desperate hit man at large in Oslo.
- Holds a near celebrity status after a case that saw him track down a serial killer in Australia. He has been invited on TV shows to talk about his high-profile police work, but he usually declines.
Personnel assessment notes:
- One of the best officers in the Oslo police department.
- In 1999 he was promoted to Inspector and seconded to the Norwegian security service for a major case.
- An effective but troubled detective who operates on his own personal code.
- A general disregard for authority figures and instructions.
- Known trust issues with both friends and colleagues, keeping neither his friends nor his enemies particularly close.
- Shows true commitment, compassion and a sense of fair play to the job even amidst difficult personal involvement.
- Known to have alcohol dependencies.
- Tragedy has taken some of his best friends from him.
If you’re a fan of Nesbo, check out www.jonesbo.co.uk.
Hear the latest news on Jo Nesbo via his Facebook page.
Listed below are Jo Nesbo’s Harry Hole novels ordered chronologically (start to finish) by their appearance in the series.