Calling all secret agents… What better way to start the new year than with a sneak peek at Karen Cleveland’s hotly anticipated thriller, Need to Know! Agents already on the case have nothing but praise for this bold blend of domestic and political intrigue:
‘You’ll devour this terrific debut like the rest of us, skipping lunch, losing sleep, turning pages until the end’
– Agent John Grisham
‘Hold on tight! What a story, brilliantly told. A gripping espionage thriller with real psychological depth. More modern than tomorrow.’
– Agent Lee Child
‘You’ll miss dinner, stay up far too late, and feel tired at work tomorrow. This is that kind of book. Superb.’
– Agent Terry Hayes
Dead Good has teamed up with digital reading platform The Pigeonhole to give 350 lucky people the chance to read Need to Know for FREE before it is released to the general public. Please apply by filling in your details below. Winners will be notified by email the day before the start of the serialisation.
What to expect:
– Read the book in 10 instalments, starting on the 16th of January 2018
– Read on your Android or iOS device using The Pigeonhole’s bespoke app, or read on any web browser
– An instalment will be delivered every day
– Discuss the book live with other winners
– Uncover exclusive extra content from the author
This competition is now closed.
Competition closes 14th January 2018. Please note that this form does not always work with Internet Explorer – if you have trouble using the form when entering, please use an alternative browser.
Terms and Conditions
Dead Good/PigeonHole present Need to Know by Karen Cleveland
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 13 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 14th January 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter fill in your details, including name and email address, on the online form at: www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/win-need-to-know/.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 15th January 2018. The first 350 entries drawn at random will be the winners.
7. The prize for the winners is:
• Advance access to digital copy of Need to Know, by Karen Cleveland via The PigeonHole, a digital reading platform.
• The Pigeonhole will set up an account for each winner using the email address and name supplied upon entry, and will then email winners with their individual sign-in details, which will give them access to the manuscript on their Android or iOS device using The Pigeonhole’s bespoke app, or on any web browser.
• The book will be delivered in 10 daily instalments, starting on the 16th January 2018.
• By participating in this competition, entrants understand and agree that the Promoter may share the names and email addresses of the winners with The Pigeonhole to allow The Pigeonhole to administer the online serialisation via their digital reading platform, set up the winners’ login-details for the platform and send out email notifications to the winners each time a new instalment of the book is released. If you do not wish your data to be shared with The Pigeonhole in this way, then please do not participate in this promotion.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by 15th January 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the promotion’s title in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
14. The Promoter is Transworld Publishers Limited, 61-63 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London, W5 5SA
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.