Perfidia is James Ellroy’s triumphant to the fictional world of 1940s Los Angeles and a modern classic in the making. The first in his second ‘L.A. Quartet’, it features characters from his previous novels – including arch villain Dudley Smith, anti-hero of The Big Nowhere, White Jazz and L.A. Confidential –joined by new characters, both real-life and fictional, in this grand drama of Los Angeles during the first month of America’s entry into the war.
To celebrate today’s publication date, we are giving you the chance to win one of five limited edition, numbered screen prints signed by the cover artist. To enter, tell us the name of one of James Ellroy’s well-known characters who appears in Perfidia.
Watch a video of the Perfidia screen prints being produced at Print Club London:
This competition is now closed.
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (the promoter), their subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. You acknowledge and agree that this competition is run by the promoter and not by any third party in relation to or in connection with this competition.
4. You can enter this competition on the deadgoodbooks.co.uk website.
5. The closing date for the competition is midnight GMT on 30th September 2014 (closing date). Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Responsibility will not be accepted for lost or damaged entries, whether due to system error or otherwise. Proof of entering the prize draw via the Dead Good website is not proof of the promoter’s receipt of entry.
6. The prize is one of five screen prints of Perfidia by James Ellroy. The prize must be claimed before 15th October. No cash alternative will be offered. Please note, this competition is open to everyone and the prize will be sent to them via post.
7. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the prize with or without notice.
8. The prize draw will take place within 3 days of the closing date (i.e. by 4th October 2014) and the winner will be notified by email within 3 days of the closing date (i.e. by 4th October 2014)
9. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name, town of residence and photograph in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
10. Your personal details will only be retained and used by the promoter in order to send you your prize and will be deleted thereafter unless you have ticked the appropriate box. Your personal details will not be passed on to any third parties unless you have ticked the appropriate box.
11. Winners names will be available upon the promoter’s receipt of a stamped addressed envelope on 30th October 2014.
12. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
13. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA. www.randomhouse.co.uk.
15. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed towards the promoter.