5 things we know about Cari Mora by Thomas Harris
When Thomas Harris’s new novel was announced it made headline news around the world. It’s been 13 years since we last got our hands on a new book by the master thriller writer – but now, he’s back.
Cari Mora is one of the most highly-anticipated books of 2019. Here’s everything we know about the book so far.
1. Cari Mora is the first book from Thomas Harris, the author of The Silence of The Lambs and the creator of Dr Hannibal Lecter, since 2006’s Hannibal Rising. It is his first novel not to feature the famous cannibal in over 40 years.
2. There may be no Hannibal Lecter in the book but Harris, the master of villains, has created a brand new monster: Hans-Peter Schneider. Driven by unspeakable appetites, he makes a living fleshing out the violent fantasies of other, richer men. Creepy. We can’t wait to be kept awake by him…
3. The book is set in Miami, Florida. Twenty-five million dollars in cartel gold lies hidden beneath a mansion on the Miami Beach waterfront. Ruthless men have tracked it for years.
4. The title Cari Mora is taken from the name of the lead character; she is the caretaker of the Miami house, and has escaped from violence in her native country. She is staying in America on a wobbly ‘Temporary Protected Status’, subject to the iron whim of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). She is beautiful, but marked by war. Cari has surprising skills, and her will to survive has been tested before. She sounds like another excellent female protagonist from the pen that created Clarice Starling.
5. Thomas Harris’s writing is as good as ever, with Stephen King himself already a fan!
I'm reading CARI MORA, the new novel by Thomas Harris. Comes out next month.He's as good as ever. Reading his prose is like running a slow hand down cold silk.
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) April 4, 2019
While you wait for the book to hit shelves, why not remind yourself what makes him one of the best and most influential American crime authors of all time? Thomas’s thrillers Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Hannibal Rising are now available as ebooks in the UK for the very first time – so there’s never been a better time to discover these classic books or reread an old favourite!
We can’t wait to find out more about this unmissable new Thomas Harris book – and if you can’t either, you can pre-order the book here!